I woke up this morning and realized that I forgot to buy stuff for breakfast; luckily my parents had some strawberries growing in the back yard. So I had 4 strawberries and some sweet peas for breakfast.

This made me realize how sparse fruit actually is in the Northwest climate, and how our diets need to change based on the season.

Today for class we had the Theo chocolate factory tour (which I counted as local because the beans are processed here). I was surprised to find out that they are the only organic, fair-trade chocolate producers in the US.
After the chocolate tour I went to the Fremont PCC to ensure that I had breakfast in the morning, but surprisingly the only locally grown fruit I was able to find were cherries that were from the Yakima Valley. I was also able to find some yogurt from a dairy in Gig Harbor.
No comments:
Post a Comment