Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 8


I was talking to my mom last night about this project, and she was so proud of the stuff she was growing. Her flowers are beautiful, but her prized plums were the smallest things i have seen. But because she grew them she was so proud. This made several of the class discussions that we had hit home.

Today I was so glad to finally have “real” food. There were a lot of realizations that I came to with week, first was the ideal that local foods are so difficult to find in the city. Although I was out of the city for most of my meals, I couldn’t imagine how difficult it would be to stick to an entirely local diet. I also had a lot more energy this week. I realized that I was drinking less coffee, and sleeping less then I usually do. That also could be because I was eating more vegetables and fresher produce. This week was a good experience on several levels, it showed me how globalized my diet is and because of this project I’m going to take more deliberate action in choosing where I spend my money and show my support.
This is an interesting sausage combo i found at pike place...i didnt know how to react.

No comments:

Post a Comment