Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 2

Today I began to realize how difficult this challenge actually is. Although there is a lot of local food that I have access to, I haven’t had time to go get it or been able to afford it at the rate the past 2 days has gone. I also thought I would be able to make it for a week without needing to pick my two “cheating” items…yeah right…I picked iced tea, and pasta.

I was in a rush this morning, so I didn’t have time to pack a lunch. Thank God we had the organic taste test today. I also went up to the Whole Foods on Roosevelt to find stuff for lunch and dinner later. I found some whole grain pasta (although not local) that I could survive on for the rest of the week. I also decided to start a price comparison for all of the places that I would go this week, with spinach. At Whole Foods spinach was $2.49 for a bushel.

This was a pasta salad that I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment